Crochet Cleopatra Doll Pattern

When I was a kid one of the things I was obsessed with was Ancient Egypt and of course part of the was Cleopatra, there used to be a book series about the fictional diaries of female royalty and I would borrow the one about her from the library religiously. Cleopatra's legacy has been influenced by the Augustan propaganda that followed her death and I imagine a lot of people think of her as a beautiful temptress. I've also seen a lot of discussion about whether she was truly "beautiful", of course you could talk about different beauty standards and the subjectiveness of it and and reducing female figures but I'm not sure it matters. She was clearly a charismatic figure and intelligent, she was the only Ptolemaic ruler to learn the Egyptian language, and her legacy survives today.

This pattern is available for purchase on my Etsy shop (along with more details) or raverly.

It will come as a downloadable PDF, which includes multiple pictures to follow along with and is worked in one piece. This pattern is in English and uses US crochet terminology. 


finished version of the doll is also available. 

Comments

Popular Posts